Did you know you can save $75 a year by just shutting off your computer at the end of business day? Computers produce C02 which is harmful to the Ozone. So shutting down your computer each night not only save you money, but it helps the environment too!
Recycling Reaps Benefits - Did you know?
Aluminum - made into new cans, pie pans, siding, small appliances and lawn furniture. Did you know...
• Recycled aluminum uses less than 5 percent of the energy used to make the original product.
• Recycling one can saves enough energy to run a 100 watt bulb for 20 hours, a computer for 3 hours or a TV for 2 hours.
• A recycled 6-pack of cans could save enough energy to drive a car for 5 miles.
Plastic - made into motor oil bottles, detergent bottles, pails, carpet, even clothing? Did you know...
• Plastic is made from petroleum, a limited non-renewable resource. It is predicted that by the year 2040, the Earth's usable petroleum reserves will be depleted.
• When buried, plastic materials may last for 700 years.
• Americans use 4 million bottles every hour but only recycle 1 out of 4.
• Producing new plastic from recycled materials uses only 2/3 of the energy required to make from raw materials.
Paper - made into newspaper, tissues, paper towels, notebook paper, insulation, boxes, compost. Did you know...
• Each of us uses approximately one 100-foot tall Douglass fir tree in paper and wood products per year.
• More than Â½ million trees are used to produce 88 percent of Sunday newspapers that are never recycled.
• Recycling 1 ton of paper saves 17 mature trees, 7,000 gallons of water, 3 cubic yards of landfill space, two barrels of oil, and 4,100 kw of electricity, enough energy to power the average American home for 5 months.
Glass - made into new glass jars and bottles, fiberglass insulation and colorful flooring products. Did you know...
• Most bottles and jars contain at least 25 percent recycled glass.
• Glass never wears out and can be recycled forever.
• Recycling one glass bottle can save enough energy to light a 100 watt bulb for 4 hours.
• Recycling one ton of glass saves the equivalent of 10 gallons of oil.
Think Green! Take Action!